Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2013 In Review

I do this every year. I total my finances into several categories to see where I am at year-end. I know my weaknesses (cooking) and I know my strengths (stretching money). Now comes the fun part. Here are some photos of what I did this year on $18,000 - this is everything I spent from medical bills to rent, CPA Exam fees to groceries, vehicle maintenance to clothing, and local as well as European travel. I do not make much money and I have struggled to find a decently-paying job with any benefits at all in Butte. With little to work with, it's still quite possible to do all of this and then some. I remain debt-free and always live within my means, even if very little. 

I had fun spending $$$ in 2013:

Weekend trip and lodging within Glacier National Park 

Weekend at Flathead Lake

My first purchase from Tiffany & Co. in Las Vegas (visit #2 of the year)

Las Vegas (visit #1) with my Mom

Investing in CPA Exam fees

European holiday to London

Holiday to France

*Priceless* meeting of my Great Aunt Catherine for the first time in Liverpool, UK.

Front row tickets in the pit to see my favorite band, Rascal Flatts. 

Spent over $200 to see "Book of Mormon" on the West End in London

This 5 Star French meal cost me over $200

Paying for my CPA license

128 GB iPad with cellular data

The famous $200 meal

I traveled to Europe with my Auntie Pam.

Train riding in Europe (some of it First Class!)

Sipping Afternoon Tea at Harrod's in London (this cost me about $80)

Flathead Lake

I am able to travel the world because I thrift. All of this was stuffed in a bag for $1!!!

My beautiful Tiffany's purchase

I love sharing my spending habits because anything is truly possible on a tight budget. It's about prioritizing and sacrificing where you are more inclined. Happy 2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment