Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Another CPA


My best friend and college roommate, Elizabeth, passed her LAST section of the CPA Exam last week! She took it on Dec. 5th and found out Wednesday the 18th that she was DONE with the Exam.

Her story is a bit different than mine. After graduating in May 2009, she was on Staff with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship in Colorado for two years. With this full-time job in campus ministry, she didn't practice accounting whatsoever. Life decisions led her back to Bozeman, MT to pursue her Master's degree in Professional Accountancy. While working part-time at a public accounting firm, she also attended graduate school part-time and began taking the CPA Exam nearly two years ago. Even with all of this on her plate (as we say in the industry), she graduated with her MPAcc this May and finished the Exam this month. I am so proud of her!

I knew that the day she passed I would want to drive to Bozeman to celebrate with her. If anyone understands the mix of emotions and dedication, it would be me. So- last Friday, I spent the evening with Liz and family celebrating. 

We had drinks and went to dinner and I snapped this photo of Liz on the left, which looks an awful lot like the one taken of me when I passed, on the right. This was not planned or intended, and neither were the identical expressions on our faces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment